Skip to content
The mission of the Center for Alternative Sentencing and Employment Services (CASES) is to increase public safety through innovative services that reduce crime and incarceration, improve behavioral health, promote recovery and rehabilitation, and create opportunities for success in the community.
A city in which a person’s previous criminal involvement or behavioral health needs do not limit the opportunity to realize his or her best life.
Our approach to our clients:
- We are committed to helping people—regardless of their past choices, present struggles, or future obstacles—to build the capacity and courage to change their lives.
- We tailor our services to each individual’s unique needs, risks, and strengths and believe the most effective programs are evidence-based, family-focused, and trauma-informed.
- We are committed to engaging the community by leveraging partnerships and resources to maximize our clients’ opportunities for success.
- We recognize that each CASES staff member is critical. We are a team strengthened by our diversity of backgrounds, perspectives, and talents and united by a common purpose.
- We are determined to continuously enhance our knowledge and skills, evaluate our results, and learn from our successes and failures.
Our impact on the community:
- We believe public safety is best protected through alternatives to incarceration that combine accountability and support with empowerment and opportunity.
- We are committed—through continuous innovation and the strategic disruption of ineffective responses to crime, addiction, and mental illness—to creating solutions for some of the city’s most difficult public safety and public health challenges.